Introduction to Blockchain Class
Originally developed as an introduction to Blockchain for a prominent Chicago based business school, this is a condensed version that brings the student from an awareness of Blockchain to a complete understanding of the component technologies of Blockchain, and how to apply it to solve business problems.
This class will be hosted by FinTank (http://www.fintank.org) and consists of 8 2-hour sessions conducted over 8 weeks. It will occur on weekday evenings from 6pm to 8pm. The location is currently scheduled at the FinTank business offices. 333 S Wabash Ave, Ste 2700, Chicago IL 60604. The cost is $1520 for the class, and includes all materials required by the student, except for a computer. Portable PC or Apple computer is required for the labs.
Who would benefit from this class?
- Students that want a clear understanding of Blockchain, its capabilities
- Executives and IT personell that would like to understand how Blockchain might help their business
- Executives and IT personell that want to understand how their business might be disrupted by Blockchain
- Engineers and Decision Makers that want to understand when and why to use a blockchain in their business solutions
- Investors that want to ‘cut through the fog’ of hype about Blockchain to better comprehend the true (disruptive) value of Blockchain
What does the class cover?
- An overview of the grandios claims of the eventual effects of Blockchain technology
- Existing transaction register technology overview (databases)
- Blockchain technology – hands on demonstration and labs
- Cryptographic Keys
- Building Blocks of transactions
- Validation of Blocks (mining)
- Distributed Consensus
- Reading and Writing to a Blockchain
- Blockchain variations
- Bitcoin Blockchain
- Blockchain V2: Ethereum
- Open Source
- Commercial Offerings
- Turnkey ‘environment’ offerings and overview
- Hands on CryptoCurrency example (buying, transactions, selling crypto)
- Smart Contract Basics
- Blockchain Decision Matrix: When and why to use a Blockchain Solution
- 2 or 3 use cases of Blockchain: analysis and discussion
What you will learn:
- You will have a clear understanding of Blockchain, variations, and when to use and how to identify ‘gaps’ of the technology
- You will be able to understand what people are saying, and what they are omitting, when describing a blockchain based solution
- You will be the most blockchain knowledgeable of your friends during the holiday cocktail party discussions
- You will be able to make and independent assessment if someone’s claims are ‘real’ or ‘vaporware’
- You will be able to build a requirements scope for a blockchain solution to your business problems.
If you are interested in attending the class, or would like to stay informed of future classes on Blockchain, please fill out the form below: